Monday 6 January 2014

Back to work blues


Today for me, as it did for many, meant the first day back to work; and that means Christmas is officially over for another year. This would normally be hard enough, but having to leave 5 gorgeous puppies behind made it even harder (don't worry, my mum and Poppy were with them all day!)


Back to work also meant that yesterday, Matt had to go back to Birmingham. There were emotional goodbyes all round...mainly from the dogs. Poppy tried to persuade him to stay with a big hug.


Panda tried to get him to take her with him, but decided against it when she realised how little leg room there is in the Audi A1!

Teddy tried to dazzle him with his good looks whilst on a final christmas walk - how could anyone leave that gorgeous face?!


But despite their best attempts, Matt had to go back to Birmingham; and today, I had to go back to work.
One major perk that retirees and dogs share, is the opportunity to fill your day with chilling out at home and going for long walks. Instead, my day consisted of catching an early morning train into Central London with sniffling, depressed commuters; followed by sitting behind a desk, staring at a screen. However, my day ended better than most, as I got to come home to this... how lucky am I?!





No comments:

Post a Comment