Tuesday 24 June 2014

Doggy Date

Last week I was chatting to a couple of guys I work with and told them what I got up to the night before; they thought  I was insane. I already have a rep as crazy-dog lady, and this really didn't help that! Just when they thought it couldn't get any crazier I took it to a whole other level... last week (and this weekend!) I took Panda on a doggy date with her boyfriend: my friend's dog Benny. Yep, that happened. They first met when we had a summer BBQ last year, and it was puppy love at first sight.

Ever since then, there has been lots of texting and video-messaging; and as with any new relationship, Panda and Benny have had their fair share of Facebook drama, like the time I posted this picture of Panda and Teddy at the beach....

... And Benny got all sad like this! Look at those puppy dog eyes; I mean, come on!

Fast forward a year, and they are still loved up; so to celebrate this, we took them to Danson Park! They had a great time running around and attempting to swim with the ducks. They both got jealous when a dog of the opposite sex came over and made sure to ward them off!
`
As any good date does, the evening ended with food. Even if Benny was a little embarrassed that this meant him and his date were being hand fed by his mummy!

This weekend we headed back to the park, this time with Poppy in tow, for a little picnic. They all had such a fun time playing fetch and watching us play bat and ball, that Poppy barely even noticed that she was the third wheel!

I think we'll have to get another doggy date in the diary soon #crazydoglady!!!

1 comment:

  1. They say it gets easier with time, and to some extent I agree. Whilst this post always seems to make me cry a little... purely for the reason that I miss him so much (even today, although I'm sure that will be forever!) I also smile when reading this, because it shows you the lengths we go to keep our dogs (also family) happy! And a happy dog is a happy owner :) I had so much fun and I know Benny did too on his crazy dog walks (Easter hunt being his favourite)!

    R.I.P Benny...

    ReplyDelete